'Community' Casts James Brolin as Jeff's Father
The actor will guest star in the episode "Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations."
Community has found Jeff Winger's father.
James Brolin has been cast in the guest-starring role of William Winger, the estranged father of Jeff (Joel McHale), whom Jeff has not seen since he was a child.
Brolin, who won Emmy and Golden Globe awards for playing Dr. Steven Kiley on Marcus Welby, M.D., will appear in the episode "Cooperative Escapism in Familial Relations" of the NBC comedy.
The casting of Jeff's father is significant, as the series has made mention of the character over the course of the past three seasons. In a mockumentary episode in season three, fellow study group member Pierce (Chevy Chase) pretended to be Jeff's father, causing a rift.
Brolin is a seasoned vet, having earned awards consideration for television series like Hotel, Pensacola: Wings of Gold and The Reagans. He most recently appeared on the small screen in Law & Order: SVU, Psych and Lost Raiders.
Created by Dan Harmon, who exited the series in May and will serve as executive consultant, Community is now run by executive producers David Guarascio and Moses Port. Gary Foster and Russ Krasnoff also exec produce, with director Tristram Shapeero.
Community premieres season four 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 19.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR