'Community's' Donald Glover Reduces Role for Season 5
The actor behind Troy Barnes only will appear in five of the show's 13 episodes.
Donald Glover is now only a part-time student at Greendale Community College.
The actor drastically has reduced his time commitment to NBC's Community, appearing in only five of the show's 13 season-five episodes, according to Vulture.
Glover, who plays Troy Barnes on the cult favorite, will use the time to focus on his musical career with Childish Gambino.
The move comes as NBC and studio Sony Pictures Television signed new deals in June with Community creator Dan Harmon and executive producer Chris McKenna to return for the series' upcoming fifth season.
When Community returns midseason, it also will be without the services of Chevy Chase, who exited the series in November following clashes with Harmon.
For Glover, the news comes as he continues to build his offscreen résumé, most recently developing a semiautobiographical comedy for NBC.
NBC and Sony declined comment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game