'Community's' Donald Glover Reduces Role for Season 5
The actor behind Troy Barnes only will appear in five of the show's 13 episodes.
Donald Glover is now only a part-time student at Greendale Community College.
The actor drastically has reduced his time commitment to NBC's Community, appearing in only five of the show's 13 season-five episodes, according to Vulture.
Glover, who plays Troy Barnes on the cult favorite, will use the time to focus on his musical career with Childish Gambino.
The move comes as NBC and studio Sony Pictures Television signed new deals in June with Community creator Dan Harmon and executive producer Chris McKenna to return for the series' upcoming fifth season.
When Community returns midseason, it also will be without the services of Chevy Chase, who exited the series in November following clashes with Harmon.
For Glover, the news comes as he continues to build his offscreen résumé, most recently developing a semiautobiographical comedy for NBC.
NBC and Sony declined comment.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)