'Community's' Joel McHale Trains Melissa McCarthy for Emmy Noms Duty (Video)
Ahead of Thursday’s announcement, the "Mike and Molly" and "Bridesmaids" star gets schooled in showing no emotion –- and pronouncing Mariska Hargitay.
Ahead of Thursday morning’s Emmy nominations, Mike and Molly’s Melissa McCarthy consults Community’s Joel McHale for tips on announcing the early morning honors.
McHale, who was among those announcing the nominees last year, warns McCarthy that she must “feel nothing” and offers the actress a montage of training exercises, including being repeatedly punched in the face, refusing the love of a cute puppy as well as how to pronounce Law & Order: SVU star Mariska Hargitay’s name.
McCarthy will announce the nominations for the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards on Thursday starting at 5:40 a.m. PST with Fringe’s Joshua Jackson and Academy of Television Arts & Sciences chairman and CEO John Shaffner.
The video was written and directed by UCB comedy duo Paulilu, Paul W. Downs and Lucia Aniello.
Watch the video below and count how many times McHale avoids saying Bridesmaids.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR