Conan O'Brien Officiates Gay Wedding, Triumph Goes to Occupy on 'Conan' (Video)
For his final New York show, the TBS late-night host helped his show’s costume designer tie the knot with his partner.
Conan O’Brien really made the most out of his week in New York He biked around the city as a pedicab driver, tested the New York knowledge of Mayor Michael Bloomberg and tried his best to make pizza at Joe’s in the West Village.
And to end an amazing week, the TBS late-night show packed an episode with the return of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, a visit from Louis C.K. and a gay wedding officiated by O’Brien himself.
The wedding was probably the biggest highlight of the show, and was kept until the end of the episode. O’Brien officiated a wedding between his longtime staff costume designer Scott Cronick and his partner David Gorshein.
This opportunity would not have even been available to O’Brien even a couple years ago. New York became the sixth state to legalize gay marriage last June.
PHOTOS: 'Occupy Wall Street Hollywood': Entertainers On Scene of Protests
While the segment started off light with a feature of how O’Brien went about getting his licensee to officiate, the tone turned much more serious when it came time for the “I do’s.”
The ceremony took place at Beacon Theater under a chuppah. After Cronick was randomly walked down the aisle by Bravo’s Andy Cohen, and O’Brien made a smart comment about Cronick’s smart jacket, the ceremony got sweet and serious. The couple exchanged vows. “Anyone in the world would be happy to wear one of your designs, but no one is possibly happier than I to wear your ring and put this ring on your finger,” said Gorshein.
Triumph not only returned to the show, but headed for the Occupy Wall Street protests that have been raging on for a month and a half in the city. The take-no-prisoners pooch had plenty of insults to dish to both the protesters and the random people walking by on the street. “I’m going to show you this guy and make fun of him to his face,” he says.
O’Brien is nearing the one-year anniversary of his show, Conan, on TBS. It debuted on Nov. 8, 2010.
Watch O’Brien officiate the on-air wedding below:
Also, watch Triumph visit Occupy Wall Street:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10