Conan O'Brien Explains West Coast Broadcasting Glitch (Video)
Viewers in the Pacific time zone saw "23 minutes of ads" on Tuesday night followed by a pixelated version of the show played backwards at a fast speed.
Conan's West Coast viewers apparently saw a "very messed-up version" of the show Tuesday night.
"Here is what a third of the country saw last evening," host Conan O'Brien said on his show Wednesday night. "First, 23 straight minutes of commercials with no interruption. It was sort of a travesty -- but we made a fortune."
Then the screen went black with just the TBS logo, then viewers saw what appears to be a pixelated version of the show that was played backwards at a fast speed.
O'Brien blamed the snafu on a "technical glitch" at TBS' Atlanta headquarters.
He also offered us his own version of "what we think happened" in a clip that portrayed Atlanta-based staffers as hillbillies pouring "possum chili" on the "Conan West Coast feed machine" and then bringing out a banjo, washboard and fiddle to have a "chili stomp." Watch the clip below.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)