Conan O'Brien Explains West Coast Broadcasting Glitch (Video)
Viewers in the Pacific time zone saw "23 minutes of ads" on Tuesday night followed by a pixelated version of the show played backwards at a fast speed.
Conan's West Coast viewers apparently saw a "very messed-up version" of the show Tuesday night.
"Here is what a third of the country saw last evening," host Conan O'Brien said on his show Wednesday night. "First, 23 straight minutes of commercials with no interruption. It was sort of a travesty -- but we made a fortune."
Then the screen went black with just the TBS logo, then viewers saw what appears to be a pixelated version of the show that was played backwards at a fast speed.
O'Brien blamed the snafu on a "technical glitch" at TBS' Atlanta headquarters.
He also offered us his own version of "what we think happened" in a clip that portrayed Atlanta-based staffers as hillbillies pouring "possum chili" on the "Conan West Coast feed machine" and then bringing out a banjo, washboard and fiddle to have a "chili stomp." Watch the clip below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Vanessa Hudgens Flashes Her Calvins in Low Slung Shorts!
- Man Sings Frozen's 'Let It Go' in 21 Different Disney Voices & It's as Amazing as You'd Think!
- Neil Patrick Harris Skypes in Shirtless for 'How I Met Your Mother' PaleyFest Panel!
- Three Grandmas Read Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' Lyrics & Their Reactions Are Hilarious - Watch Now!