Conan O'Brien Mocks Wikipedia Blackout (Video)
The host tells an intentionally bad joke about the online encyclopedia's SOPA protest on his TBS late-night show.
Following the news of Wikipedia's 24-hour blackout in protest of anti-piracy legislation, Conan O'Brien issued a warning to viewers on his TBS show.
The site's ban went into effect on midnight Wednesday, along with shutdowns by fellow protesters including Reddit, Craigslist and the Cheezburger website collective. Google, meanwhile, has shrouded its famous logo in all-black.
"It's 11:05 right now, so you have less than one hour to get most of your facts wrong," cracked O'Brien during his Conan monologue. He then stared intently at the camera, as if to milk the line's lack of ha ha's.
"That was the starter joke ladies and gentleman," he explained. "The starter joke is a ceremonial joke that just lets us know in an unfunny way that we're beginning. But it' snot in fact the joke itself."
Watch the clip below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram