Conan O'Brien to Officiate On-Air Gay Wedding on TBS
The late-night host will celebrate his one-year anniversary on the show by hosting a wedding for one of his staffers.
Conan O’Brien wants to celebrate his one-year anniversary with TBS in a big way.
To celebrate his growing relationship with TBS, he’ll help bring another couple into the next phase of their relationship by officiating a gay wedding on Conan.
The late-night host will officiate a wedding on-air during an episode next week, a rep for the show confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
The wedding will take place in New York. It’s not just any wedding, however – O’Brien will officiate the wedding of one of his long-time staffers and his partner.
This opportunity would not have even been available to O’Brien even a couple years ago. New York became the sixth state to legalize gay marriage last June.
Conan debuted on TBS on November 8, 2010.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)