August 11, 2011 12:37pm PT by Paula Zulian
Conan O'Brien Reacts to 'Lopez Tonight' Cancelation (Video)
After TBS announced that they won't renew Lopez Tonight for the third season, Conan O'Brien spoke about the surprise cancelation on his show Wednesday night. The TV host thanked George Lopez for his support.
"Had it not been for George being so incredibly supportive of me, I would not have come to TBS and we would be not doing this show. I owe that man a lot and frankly it makes me really sad that TBS and George could not work this out. I really liked being a part of a late night lineup with George, and I wish that this could've continued," said O'Brien.
"So tonight all our thoughts are with George and his entire staff and crew. We understand, believe me, how hard this is for all of you and we wish you all the best," he said in his program.
The show premiered in November 2009 and has struggled with ratings. Lopez's late night show was moved to a midnight slot to accommodate Conan O'Brien's show last year.
Lopez, whose last show will air next Thursday, also took some time out from his show on Wednesday to talk about the cancelation. "Like every TV star before me, I'mma find some crack. I'mma get on the pipe! Lose that unwanted 110 pounds I wanted to lose," he joked. "But I'm taking it good, I'm straight, believe me. I'm fine. My goddesses are a wreck."