Could the 'Zombie Apocalypse' Ever Happen? These People Think So (Exclusive Video)
Meet a group of zombie preppers in a clip from the upcoming Discovery Channel special.
"A zombie apocalypse happening is not a question of if it's a question of when," at least according to a group of zombie preppers featured on Discovery Channel's upcoming special.
The cable network's upcoming Zombie Apocalypse special features the stories of four individuals -- a teacher, mother of two, ex-military firearms instructor and founder of the Kansas Anti-Zombie militia -- who are preparing for what they confident is an impending outbreak circa The Walking Dead.
And they have the scientific proof, as seen in the exclusive clip from the Dec. 18 special. "A zombie pandemic … is something that is plausible, it's something that at least in terms of spread, is very likely," Dr. Robert Smith of the department of mathematics at the University of Ottawa warns.
Even worse: experts predict that a potential virus leading to an outbreak could overwhelm a city the size of New York in eight to nine days once a single zombie is infected.
Check out the clip, above, to meet the zombie preppers, and hit the comments on which of the four most reminds you of The Walking Dead's Andrea and Daryl.
Zombie Apocalypse airs Dec. 18 at 10 p.m., capping off the network's Apocalypse Tuesday featuring How the World Will End at 8 p.m. and Apocalypse 2012 Revelations at 9 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack