CBS Renews 'Criminal Minds' for Season 9
The long-running procedural will return to the network for the 2013-14 season.
CBS has renewed Criminal Minds for a ninth season.
The network made the announcement official Thursday afternoon on Twitter: "#CBS welcomes back #CriminalMinds for its 9th season. Series renewed for 2013/14 broadcast season."
Criminal Minds, starring Joe Mantegna and Thomas Gibson, has averaged 15 million total viewers and a 3.0 rating in the ad-coveted adults 18-49 demographic. Jeanne Tripplehorn, Shemar Moore, Matthew Gray Gubler, Kirsten Vangsness and A.J. Cook co-star, with Erica Messer as showrunner. Mark Gordon and Janine Sherman Barrois executive produce with Messer.
The one-hour procedural, produced by ABC Studios, was noticeably absent in late March when CBS gave a bulk of its primetime lineup renewals.
Now that Criminal Minds has received a ninth-season pickup ahead of the network's May 15 upfront presentation, CBS will make decisions on bubble shows Rules of Engagement, CSI: NY and rookie efforts Vegas and Golden Boy.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR