'CSI's' Eric Szmanda Signs New Deal to Return to CBS Drama (Exclusive)
The original cast member has inked a new pact with CBS Television Studios to continue on with the long-running procedural's upcoming 13th season.
CBS' CSI: Crime Scene Investigation is locking up its original cast members for Season 13.
Eric Szmanda, whose character Greg Sanders has been with the CBS procedural since the series launched in 2000, has inked a new deal with CBS Television Studios to return to the long-running series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Szmanda joins fellow cast members Jorja Fox and George Eads who both re-upped with the studio to return for CSI's upcoming 13th season.
Following a tumultuous season that saw the series uprooted from its longtime Thursday time slot to Wednesdays, the billion-dollar franchise saw Ted Danson take over for Laurence Fishburne at the beginning of the season, later being joined by Elisabeth Shue, who replaced Marg Helgenberger.
Peri Gilpin made her debut as the wife to Danson's D.B. Russell during May's Season 12 finale, which was up a tenth of a point week-over-week with a 2.4 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic.
Szmanda is repped by APA and Anonymous Content.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)