'CSI's' Jon Wellner Promoted to Series Regular (Exclusive)
After seven seasons as the CBS procedural's toxicology specialist, the actor has been upped to a series regular for the show's upcoming 13th season.
After seven seasons as a recurring player on CBS' long-running CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, Jon Wellner has been upped to series regular.
The actor has played toxicology specialist Henry Andrews since joining the veteran procedural in Season 5 and has appeared in more than 60 episodes.
His promotion comes as CSI has been locking up its cast for its upcoming 13th season, signing cast members Eric Szmanda, Jorja Fox and George Eads to one-year deals to continue on in their long-running roles.
Wellner's status change follows a tumultuous season that saw the series uprooted from its longtime Thursday time slot to Wednesdays. The billion-dollar franchise also saw Ted Danson take over for Laurence Fishburne at the beginning of the season, later being joined by Elisabeth Shue, who replaced Marg Helgenberger.
Peri Gilpin made her debut as the wife of Danson's D.B. Russell during May's Season 12 finale, which was up a tenth of a point week-over-week with a 2.4 rating in the key adults 18-49 demographic. She'll return to reprise the role in Season 13.
Wellner is repped by Greater Vision Artists Talent Agency.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR