'CSI': Ted Danson Takes Over for Laurence Fishburne on the CBS Procedural (Video)
He will play new CSI supervisor D.B. Russell when the drama returns for its 11th season.
Ted Danson made his debut as a member of CBS' CSI team on Wednesday during the Television Critics Assoc. press tour.
It was revealed during the session that Danson would play a new CSI supervisor D.B. Russell who has his own way of solving the weekly crimes. As the 11th season nears, the producers were very specific to say that Danson's addition to the cast means the series will be lighter and funnier.
“We always talk every year about going back to Season 1, going back to that feel,” executive producer Carol Mendelsohn said. “I think you’ll see the tone is a little more Season 1. It feels like a fresh start and if you can’t start fresh after Season 11, I don’t know when you can.”
In the clip, Danson -- who replaced Laurence Fishburne (he starred in the procedural for two and a half seasons) on the show -- tries to connect with a young boy in an effort to get him to open up. Check out the two-minute sneak peek at what's to come this fall:
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR