Scientists Try to Turn Ordinary People Into Assassins in Discovery's 'Curiosity' (Exclusive Video)
A group of people gets hypnotized to determine whether they can be turned into trained killers in Sunday's episode, titled "Brainwashed."
Can a normal person be brainwashed into becoming a trained killer?
That's what a hypnotherapist and a group of scientists aim to find out in a new episode of Discovery Channel's Curiosity titled Brainwashed -- sort of a real-life version of The Manchurian Candidate.
The first step is to determine who of the 185 people who have applied to be part of the study is most susceptible to hypnosis.
In this clip from Sunday's show, which is exclusive to The Hollywood Reporter, a group of people is put into a "hypnotic trance" and appears to do everything the hypnotherapist commands them to do.
The full "induction" process isn't shown, with an expert noting that in some countries that it's illegal to show people from being hypnotized out of fear that viewers at home will become hypnotized.
Curiosity airs at 9 p.m. Sundays.
Watch the clip above.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR