'Curiosity' Exclusive Preview: Stephen Hawking Takes on Creation (Video)
Discovery Channel's new series kicks off with a "Big Bang" -- literally.
Discovery Channel’s new series, Curiosity, isn’t pulling any punches. In its first episode, world-renowned astrophysicist, Stephen Hawking, tackles mankind’s most complicated question: Who or what created the universe?
It’s a question that scientists as well as theologians have tried to answer for centuries and Hawking examines the possible answers in Curiosity’s premiere episode asking, “Did God Create the Universe?” airing Sunday, Aug. 7 at 8 p.m.
Stick around after the premiere episode when Discovery Channel presents a special roundtable discussion at 9 p.m. featuring well-known theologians challenging Hawking's findings and theories, the mysteries at the heart of the cosmos, and how science and religion can coexist.
The series’ 60 episodes will answer questions spanning science, technology, and society. In addition to Hawking, the series’ hosts include Morgan Freeman, Michelle Rodriguez, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Spurlock, Adam Savage, Mike Rowe, Brendan Fraser, Eli Roth, and Robin Williams.
Watch THR’s exclusive sneak peeks at the premiere above and below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR