CW Finds its Green Arrow in Stephen Amell
The "Private Practice" and "Hung" star will play the super hero from the DC Comics series in the drama pilot set up at the youth-skewing network.
The CW has found its Green Arrow.
Hung's Stephen Amell has been cast as the character made famous by the long-running DC Comics series, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Amell, whose credits also include episodes of Private Practice and the CW's The Vampire Diaries, will play the playboy by day -- who, like Batman -- secretly saves the city by night with his enhanced arrows.
Amell becomes the latest actor to play the part on the network, with Justin Hartley playing the character on the CW's Smallville.
The CW ordered Arrow to pilot earlier this month. The retelling of the legendary comics character hails from Green Lantern duo Greg Berlantiand Marc Guggenheim, who will executive produce and pen the project alongside Fringe co-EP Andrew Kreisberg, with whom they worked on Eli Stone.
Amell joined HBO's Hung last season as Jason, a rival prostitute to Thomas Jane's Ray. Amell had an option to return to the series that ultimately was canceled at HBO after its third season concluded.
Amell's credits also include the CW's 90210. He's repped by Leverage Management and SMS Talent Agency.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR