CW Orders More Episodes of 'Gossip Girl,' 'Nikita,' Two More Returning Series
The network orders more episodes of "90210" and "Supernatural" for the upcoming season.
The CW has ordered more episodes for four of its returning dramas.
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the female-skewing network has picked up two additional episodes for the upcoming seasons of veteran primetime soaps Gossip Girl and 90210, bringing their total episode counts to 24. Meanwhile, the net's Friday dramas Nikita and Supernatural have been picked up for an additional episode each, bringing their totals to 23.
Notably absent is the CW's popular supernatural series The Vampire Diaries, which will serve as a lead-in for witch drama The Secret Circle -- both executive produced by Kevin Williamson.
The net has several midseason series already on tap, including the ninth and final season of One Tree Hill and reality series Framed and Re-Modeled.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR