CW Orders Sci-Fi Drama From Feature Producer Basil Iwanyk
"The Messengers" marks the network's sixth drama pilot order of the season.
The CW has picked up its sixth drama pilot of the season.
The network has ordered The Messengers, a sci-fi drama from feature producer Basil Iwanyk, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The Messengers centers on a group of seemingly unconnected strangers who die from an energy pulse after a mysterious object crashes down to Earth. They awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending apocalypse.
Thunder Road's Iwanyk (The Town, The Expendables, Clash of the Titans) will executive produce the CBS Television drama. Eoghan O'Donnell (Teen Wolf) will pen the script and co-executive produce alongside Kent Kubena and Ava Jamshidi.
The pilot order brings The CW's tally to six, two off from last year. Messengers joins Arrow spinoff The Flash, Identity, Rob Thomas' iZombie, Jane the Virgin and Supernatural spinoff Supernatural: Tribes.
This marks the latest sci-fi drama in the works at the young-skewing network that will launch similarly themed midseason dramas Star-Crossed and The 100.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)