The CW's 'Hundred' Casts Aussie Soap Star and 'Emily Owens' Actor (Exclusive)
"Neighbours" actor Bob Morley and Eli Goree have joined the drama in lead roles.
An Australian soap star and an Emily Owens, M.D. actor have landed lead roles in The CW's The Hundred, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, a spaceship housing the lone human survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth to investigate the possibility of re-colonizing the planet. The drama pilot is based on the forthcoming Little, Brown-published The Hundred book series by Kass Morgan.
Aussie Bob Morley, who starred in Home and Away and Neighbours, is set to play Bellamy, one of the delinquents -- but five years older than the next-oldest -- on the space station. He is described as manipulative, strong and crafty.
Eli Goree, who had a recurring role on the canceled Emily Owens, is staying put at The CW with the role of Wells Jaha, also one of the young delinquents on the space station. He is disliked by the others because many of their parents have been imprisoned -- or worse -- by Wells' father, the chancellor of the space station.
Jason Rothenberg will write and executive produce the Alloy TV/Warner Bros. TV project along with Leslie Morgenstein and Gina Girolamo. Bharat Nalluri will direct.
Morley's casting comes one day after The CW snagged another Aussie, Home and Away's Luke Mitchell, in a lead role for Greg Berlanti and Julie Plec's Tomorrow People pilot.
Repped by Mark Morrisey and Associates and Intellectual Artists Management, Morley's other credits include The Strip, It Takes Two and the upcoming pic Blinder. Repped by Play Management and ROAR, Goree's credits include Abducted: The Carolina White Story, Supernatural and Pure Pwnage.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche