CW's 'Originals' Most Popular New Show on Social Media
Runner-up "Sleepy Hollow" boasts 821,000 fans across Facebook and Twitter.
The CW's The Originals is proving it doesn't suck to be a vampire -- at least not on social media.
The Vampire Diaries spinoff tops fall's freshmen TV shows when it comes to its social media fanbase. The drama boasts more than 1.9 million fans across Facebook and Twitter, according to a new ranking from ListenFirst, which aggregates and analyzes data streams across social, digital and traditional channels.
Fox's Sleepy Hollow came in second, with more than 821,000 fans, with ABC's Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (801,423), NBC's Dracula (425,074) and NBC's The Blacklist (363,483) rounding out the top five.
ListenFirst examined 27 new shows across the five broadcast networks, with data collected late last month. (ABC's Agent of SHIELD -- which has a strong social following -- was excluded, because its Facebook and Twitter handles had preexisting audiences.)
The CW's three new shows -- The Originals, Reign and The Tomorrow People -- had the highest average social audience, averaging 794,000 fans across Facebook and Twitter.
But having a large social audience doesn't necessarily translate into the best ratings. On CBS, The Crazy Ones and The Millers have brought in solid ratings for CBS on Thursday nights, despite having relatively small social audiences. In the social media rankings, The Crazy Ones came in at No. 17 with just under 83,000 fans, while The Millers ranked 25th with just shy of 15,000 fans.
Find the complete rankings below.
1. The Originals (CW, 1,942,846 fans)
2. Sleepy Hollow (Fox, 821,650 fans)
3. Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC, 801,423 fans)
4. Dracula (NBC, 425,074 fans)
5. The Blacklist (NBC, 363,483 fans)
6. Super Fun Night (ABC, 283,359 fans)
7. The Michael J Fox Show (NBC, 274,556 fans)
8. Reign (CW, 253,521 fans)
9. Almost Human (Fox, 189,475 fans)
10. The Tomorrow People (CW, 186,175 fans)
11. Betrayal (ABC, 154,883 fans)
12. The Goldbergs (ABC, 147,858 fans)
13. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Fox, 140,809 fans)
14. Sean Saves the World (NBC, 110,956 fans)
15. Dads (Fox, 108,729 fans)
16. Ironside (NBC, 91,776 fans)
17. The Crazy Ones (CBS, 82,813 fans)
18. The Million Second Quiz (NBC, 75,360 fans)
19. Hostages (CBS, 69,682 fans)
20. Welcome to the Family (NBC, 62,067 fans)
21. MasterChef Junior (Fox, 57,896 fans)
22. Trophy Wife (ABC, 47,556 fans)
23. Mom (CBS, 42,683 fans)
24. Back in the Game (ABC, 40,239 fans)
25. The Millers (CBS, 14,818 fans)
26. Lucky 7 (ABC, 9,259 fans)
27. We Are Men (CBS, 7,801 fans).
Titans of Comic-Con: Stars Re-Create Classic Characters (Photos)
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)