The CW Orders More Scripts for 'Originals,' 'Tomorrow People' and 'Reign'
The network is sticking with its fall freshmen dramas.
The CW is giving a big boost of confidence to its three freshmen fall dramas.
The network has ordered three additional scripts for The Vampire Diaries spinoff The Originals, The Tomorrow People, and period drama Reign, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
For The Originals, the news comes just days after the hour-long drama debuted in its Tuesday time slot, drawing 1.9 million viewers and a 0.9 in the advertiser-coveted adults 18 to 49 demographic in the 8 p.m. hour. Its Oct. 3 premiere following Vampire Diaries rose to 3.1 million when live-plus-seven is factored in.
The premiere of Tomorrow People on Oct. 9 matched Arrow among the 18 to 49 demo, notching a 0.9 rating, and retained most of Arrow's audience (2.3 million vs. 2.7 million).
Reign, which follows a young Mary, Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) in the 16th century, officially premieres in the post-Vampire Diaries slot Oct. 17, signaling the network's support behind the show.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR