The CW's 'Reign' Edits Down Masturbation Scene
A longer version of the scene was in the original pilot.
An early cut of The CW's teen period drama Reign has been trimmed down for broadcast.
Reign tells the story of a young Mary, Queen of Scots (Adelaide Kane) as she rises to power following her arrival in France as a 15-year-old in 1557, betrothed to Prince Francis (Toby Regbo), with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting.
A previous version of the pilot sent out to critics and reporters several months ago included a racy masturbation scene featuring one of Mary's ladies-in-waiting.
After witnessing a "bedding ceremony," a tradition the elders impart on newlyweds in order to make sure they consummate their marriage, one of Mary's friends pleasures herself in a secluded staircase in the castle.
The scene has been cut down in the new pilot version that will air later this week and was not the only part of the episode that was edited down. More scenes were also added, which did not affect the trajectory of the story.
Entertainment Weekly first reported on the edits.
The CW ordered three additional scripts for Reign on Friday. Reign premieres Oct. 17 at 9 p.m. on The CW.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game