The CW's 'Reign' Finds Its Nostradamus
Rossif Sutherland has been cast in the drama pilot following the story of Mary Queen of Scots.
The CW has found Nostradamus.
Rossif Sutherland has joined The CW's drama pilot "Reign," The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The drama tells the previously unknown and untold story of Mary Queen of Scots' rise to power when she arrives in France as a 15-year-old, betrothed to Prince Francis, with her three best friends as ladies-in-waiting. It unspools the secret history of survival at French Court amid fierce foes, dark forces and a world of sexual intrigue.
Sutherand will play Nostradamus, the Queen's wizard prophet. Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Celina Sinden, Jenessa Grant, Megan Follows, Caitlin Stasey and Anna Popplewell co-star.
Stephanie Sengupta (Outlaw) and Laurie McCarthy (CSI: Miami) will write and executive produce. Brad Silberling will direct the CBS TV Studios pilot.
Sutherland, who starred in Canadian series King, indies I'm Yours and The Con Artist, and broke through with Poor Boy's Game, is repped by APA, Characters Talent Agency and Untitled. He currently is filming Copper.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR