CW's 'Tomorrow People' Casts 'Home and Away's' Luke Mitchell
He'll play a member of the new species at war with the government in the remake of the U.K. series.
The CW has found another member of the Tomorrow People.
Australian actor Luke Mitchell, who stars on Seven Network's Home and Away, has been tapped to join the network's remake of the British series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the series created by Roger Price, the drama revolves around several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil.
Mitchell will play John Young, a member of the new species dubbed the Tomorrow People. He's described as dark and handsome and cool under pressure. His specialty is teleportation and he's instrumental in recruiting other gifted people to the group. Nicholas Young played the role in the original series.
The actor who also co-starred in H20: Just Add Water and the Aussie soap Neighbours, will play a love interest for Peyton List's (Mad Men) Cara, the female lead.
Political Animals' Phil Klemmer will pen the pilot and executive produce alongside Arrow's Greg Berlanti and The Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec. Berlanti Productions' Melissa Kellner Berman will serve as a co-EP, with Danny Cannon directing the pilot for Warner Bros. Television and FremantleMedia.
Mitchell is repped by UTA and Management 360.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR