'Damages' Enlists Janet McTeer (Exclusive)
The "Into the Storm" Emmy nominee will play a former colleague of Patty Hewes in the final season of the Glenn Close drama.
Damages' Patty Hewes has another rival.
Into the Storm Emmy nominee Janet McTeer has been cast as a regular on the fifth and final season of Damages, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
McTeer will play Kate Franklin, a former colleague of Patty Hewes (Glenn Close) who aims to take on her old boss by working for rival Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne).
McTeer is the latest addition to the final season of the DirecTV drama. Spartacus' John Hannah has been tapped to recur and Ryan Phillippe has booked a season-long arc on the former FX series.
McTeer picked up an Emmy nomination for supporting actress in a mini in 2009 for HBO's Into the Storm and an Academy Award nom for actress in a leading role for 2000's Tumbleweeds. She appears in Close's upcoming feature Albert Nobbs, due in December.
Damages returns for its final season in the summer on DirecTV.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game