'Damages' Enlists Janet McTeer (Exclusive)
The "Into the Storm" Emmy nominee will play a former colleague of Patty Hewes in the final season of the Glenn Close drama.
Damages' Patty Hewes has another rival.
Into the Storm Emmy nominee Janet McTeer has been cast as a regular on the fifth and final season of Damages, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
McTeer will play Kate Franklin, a former colleague of Patty Hewes (Glenn Close) who aims to take on her old boss by working for rival Ellen Parsons (Rose Byrne).
McTeer is the latest addition to the final season of the DirecTV drama. Spartacus' John Hannah has been tapped to recur and Ryan Phillippe has booked a season-long arc on the former FX series.
McTeer picked up an Emmy nomination for supporting actress in a mini in 2009 for HBO's Into the Storm and an Academy Award nom for actress in a leading role for 2000's Tumbleweeds. She appears in Close's upcoming feature Albert Nobbs, due in December.
Damages returns for its final season in the summer on DirecTV.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)