'Damages' Sets 'Spartacus' Star Opposite Ryan Phillippe (Exclusive)
John Hannah will recur as an adviser to Phillippe's Julian Assange-type character in the fifth and final season of the DirecTV drama.
John Hannah is swapping his sword and sandals for a suit and tie.
The Spartacus star has been tapped for a major recurring role opposite Ryan Phillippe in the fifth and final season of DirecTV’s Damages, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Phillippe was cast this month to play McClaren, a Julian Assange-type character who looks to Rose Byrne’s Ellen for help.
Hannah will play Rutger, McClaren’s loyal adviser and protector whose ability to put out political fires and strong desire to see him succeed make him indispensible.
Hannah, who played Batiatus in Starz’s Spartacus: Blood and Sand and its prequel series Spartacus: Gods of the Arena, also co-starred in The Mummy features. He’s repped by Innovative Artists, Untitled and ARG in the U.K.
Damages, starring Glenn Close, returns for its final season in the summer on DirecTV.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR