'The Damned' in Development at Showtime
The project would be a modern take on the comic series by Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt and revolve around mobster demons.
Showtime is boarding the supernatural bus.
The premium cable network is developing writer Cullen Bunn’s comic series The Damned.
From Oni Press and illustrated by Brian Hurtt, the series revolves around Eddie, a cursed man who rises from the dead.
While the comic series is set in Chicago during the prohibition era and revolves around demonic gang bosses, the Showtime project set to be a modern adaptation.
Feature scribe David Hayter, whose genre credits include X-Men andWatchmen, will pen the project, with Warren Littlefield, Oni Press’ sibling company Closed on Mondays Entertainment’s Eric Gitter and Hayter on board as executive producers. Joe Nozemack and Andy Bourne will also produce.
The Damned project comes a few days after Showtime gave pilot orders to three projects: a one-hour drama Masters of Sex; a docu-comedy from Andrew Gurland; and a family drama called Ray Donovan.
Showtime also is developing Chew, a half-hour comedy based on the comic series by John Layman and Bob Gillory revolving around a cop who is able to solve crimes by taking a bite out of victims. Terri Hughes Burton and Ron Milbauer will adapt the comics for Showtime.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game