'Dance Moms' 'Topless' Fan Dance Episode Pulled From Air
Lifetime has decided that the risqué, though highly rated, episode won't be aired again nor made available online or for streaming.
Hindsight is 20/20 over at Lifetime where they have decided to pull an already aired episode of its hit, Dance Moms, featuring its young dancers performing a simulated nude fan dance.
A Lifetime spokesperson has confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that the episode titled “Topless Showgirls” (and later changed to “Costume Drama”) will not air on the network again or be made available for viewing online or streaming on iTunes or Amazon, according to Gawker.
The episode aired for the first time on March 6. On “Topless Showgirls,” strong-willed dance teacher Abby Lee Miller fulfilled a longtime desire to have her dance troupe of eight to 13-year-olds perform a classic fan dance.
Despite some disapproval from the moms (and the children) to the skimpy costumes, the dance went on with the girls wearing flesh-colored costumes for the performance. Throughout the performance, the judges and moms squirmed. And it ended up not placing at the competition.
While the network would like to expunge all existence of the episode now, the day after its airing Lifetime sent a press release out touting its stellar ratings. The episode banked the series’ highest rated episode across all demos with a total viewership of 2.7 million.
The series is part of a popular trend of reality series focusing on the outrageous moms that exist in niche competitive environments like TLC’s Toddlers & Tiaras.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram