'Dancing With the Stars' Sets Early Announcement Date for 'All-Star' Cast
Bucking tradition, ABC will reveal the ensemble of returning competitors during the Television Critics Association summer press tour.
ABC is switching gears in more ways than one for the upcoming 15th cycle of Dancing With the Stars. The cast of the previously announced "All-Star" season will apparently be signed earlier than normal, with an announcement coming July 27.P
The network, which hasn't officially set its fall premiere dates yet, will debut the ensemble of previous DWTS competitors during its presentation at the Television Critics Association summer press tour.
Previously, announcements for DWTS have come just three weeks shy of the premiere and been televised during Good Morning America or the network's primetime programming block. The move also signals that the cast will have more time to prepare for the competition -- or, less likely, an August premiere.
ABC entertainment president Paul Lee confirmed the All-Star run during May's Upfronts after several weeks of speculation. Competitors from each of the previous 14 seasons are eligible, with Lee saying it won't just be limited to near winners.
Though no names have been confirmed, alums Mario Lopez, Chelsea Kane, Bristol Palin, Carson Kressley, Joey Lawrence and former Spice Girl Melanie Brown have all been named as possible competitors.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR