'Dancing With the Stars' Heads Into Syndication on Game Show Network
On the eve of the season 13 finale, GSN announced plans to air seasons 4-13 of the competition starting in 2012.
Dancing With the Stars will return to TV before Season 14 kicks off in March.
The Game Show Network announced today that it's acquired exclusive off-network rights to the ABC series, with plans to begin airing season 4 through 13 starting in January, 2012.
“Many of the most popular shows on television today -- including Dancing With the Stars" -- are essentially game shows at their core,” says GSN executive vice president of programming, Amy Introcaso-Davis. “GSN is all about the potent combination of games, competition, entertainment and fun, and we know that Dancing With the Stars is a show our female audience already loves.”
Season 4, the first scheduled to run on GSN, included Apolo Anton Ohno, Billy Ray Cyrus, Joey Fatone and Heather Mills.
The deal also gives GSN exclusive airing rights for the upcoming 14th season when it finishes its run on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR