'Dancing With the Stars': Katherine Jenkins Falters in the Semifinals
The injured competitor's partner, Mark Ballas, speaks backstage about what exactly happened on the ballroom floor.
The penultimate performance night is no place for mistakes on Dancing With the Stars, but after two months of dominating the leader board, Welsh singer Katherine Jenkins made one that might cost her a spot in the top three.
At the end of her second dance with partner Mark Ballas, a snake-charmer-themed Salsa, Jenkins seemed to take a bit of a tumble. She recovered from her accidental ending in tears, apologizing to her partner throughout their critique.
"I just watched it," said Ballas backstage after the show, while his partner received medical attention. "It looked like her foot slipped and then her back kind of tweaked. She's fine, though, because she can move, so that's a good sign."
Jenkins didn't have to take a trip in an ambulance, like recently evicted competitor Melissa Gilbert did earlier in the season, instead getting attention from medics on site.
"The dance was great," Ballas added. "She did really well, but we lost three points in the end."
That 27 from the judges, however disappointing for the pair, was not as low as many similar fumbles have scored in the show's history. At the end of the night, Ballas and Jenkins were in fourth place, but only all of the competitors were only separated by point. Jenkins earned a 56, while Maria Menounos and Derek Hough topped with a near-perfect 59.
As for their spill, he may not have required a medic, but Ballas says he didn't get out of it unscathed.
"I felt her slip, so I slid myself under her and stood her up so she didn't fall," he said. "I've gashed up my knee pretty bad."
Could sympathy carry Jenkins and her partner into next week's finale -- or will the scores do the talking?
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws