'Dancing With the Stars': Melissa Gilbert Calls Rehearsal Editing 'Frustrating' and 'Silly'
Defending her working relationship with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, the slightly resurgent competitor sounds off backstage about her comments during the week six performance show.
As it so often does, Dancing With the Stars showed Maksim Chmerkovskiy getting heated with his partner during their rehearsal package this week.
It wasn't anything particularly dramatic, but it was enough for partner Melissa Gilbert to come to her partner's defense during the broadcast, questioning the series' editing choice of avoiding what she called a mostly positive week.
"It's frustrating but it's silly," Gilbert said after the show. "It seems kind of counterproductive, because I don't understand the point of it... to make me look stupid?"
Chmerkovskiy, who is clearly used to being portrayed as the combative pro after 11 seasons on the show, took a different approach.
"I think what's happening is that no one else's negative moments are light enough for TV," he said, smiling. "Mine are the lightest for broadcast."
In all seriousness, Chmerkovskiy agreed with his partner, noting that it was the best week they'd had during the competition. "Everybody gets frustrated," he said. "We literally spent three or four percent of the time clashing, and this is week six... My conscious is clear."
As for rising to the occasion, their Viennese Waltz fell short of last week's performance, earning just 21 points, but their endurance during the dance marathon helped them score a few more points. They ended up tied for third place with Maria Menounos and Derek Hough, ahead of Gladys Knight and Tristan MacManus and Roshon Fegan and Chelsie Hightower.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera