'Dancing With the Stars' Premiere: 5 Memorable Moments
Kristin Cavallari and Chaz Bono impress, Nancy Grace's appearance surprises.
Nancy Grace is probably regretting her last name right about now. It’s too easy to make a "grace-less" or "dis-grace pun." However, the judges were able to avoid using those puns on the season premiere…although they had plenty of other zingers up their sleeves.
The premiere of Season 13 of Dancing With the Stars provided viewers with their first chance to see the contestants dance in front of an audience. This season’s contestants include: Nancy Grace, Kristin Cavallari, Chaz Bono, Ricki Lake, Carson Kressley, J.R. Martinez, Ron Artest and David Arquette.
Highlights from tonight’s show included:
Ron Artest Is a Blonde
Ron Artest, the last thing you want to do is be compared to Dennis Rodman. So what’s with the hair? Perhaps to go with his new name, Metta World Peace, Artest also showed off a new hairstyle. However, even his bright hair couldn’t mask the fact that his dance moves were lacking. “Your footwork was atrocious. It was all sizzle, no sausage,” said judge Len Goodman.
Kristin Cavallari Shines
The former Hills and Laguna Beach star needed something good since it’s been sort of a rough year, with her engagement being called off earlier in the year. Luckily she impressed the judges with her first dance with partner. “You shine. You sparkle,” said judge Carrie Ann Inaba.
Nancy Grace Sparkles in Silver, Sinks on the Dance Floor
HLN anchor Nancy Grace surprised many with a short silver dress showing off her “lavishly gifted” assests-- as Bruno Tonioli said -- for her performance. While her skills weren’t outstanding, the judges did praise her happiness on the floor. But maybe they say that to everyone who can’t dance.
Carson Kressley Entertains
Kressley wowed the crowd with his energy and entertainment factor. Inaba said it was her favorite dance of the night at that point. And credit to Goodman for using the phrase “Jagger-swagger.”
Chaz Bono Defies His Critics
Of course, Chaz Bono was saved for last. With so much discussion over the past month about the contestant, who is the transgender son of Sonny and Cher, many people were interested to see how his moved would play out on the dance floor. His performance turned out to be one of the best of the night. "I think people have been waiting all night to see you, Chaz, and you do not disappoint! You can dance,” said Inaba.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)