'Dancing With the Stars': Double Elimination Leaves a Former Champ Feeling 'Robbed'
With two past winners getting the boot on Tuesday night, emotions ran a little high after the show: "Do I think we're going home too early? Absolutely."
Dancing With the Stars handed out its long-promised double elimination during Tuesday's results show, and the latest exiting couples included two past champs.
Yes, that narrows it down quite a bit. And with six former winners among the remaining 11 All-Stars, it was the two who had already landed in the bottom earlier this season.
Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya and Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower both landed at the bottom of the heap after votes couldn't compensate for less-than-stellar scores. Each of the four seemed disheartened by the news, but Lachey and Trebunskaya seemed to take it the hardest after the show.
"Of course we feel robbed," said Trebunskaya, who was partnered with Lachey after his season two pro Cheryl Burke was reunited with Emmitt Smith.
"Regardless of robbed, I feel disappointed that it came to an end," said Lachey. "There are fantastic dancers on the show, everyone sees it, but do I think we're going home too early? Absolutely. And I don't think anyone in the ballroom disagree. I think Helio is going home too early is well."
Castroneves agreed, but he also took the news in stride.
"As a competitor, yes you're disappointed," he said. "you give you best, but you understand sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I have no regrets. It was great."
Next week the remaining couples tackle dances selected for them by their fellow competitors.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR