'Dancing With the Stars' Winner J.R. Martinez: Proud to Be Karina Smirnoff's First Win
"I'm just so grateful that I was able to be part of the journey to help get her first mirrorball trophy," he said. "She deserves it."
It was a pretty big love-fest on the Dancing With the Stars ballroom floor after J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff's season 13 victory -- even by the show's high standards for flattery and group hugs.
After weathering the barrage of affection from their fallen competitors, the duo met with reporters, where J.R. made one thing clear: the win isn't just his.
"It's no secret. She's an amazing dancer, and she's obviously very beautiful," he said, trophy in one arm, Karina in the other. "But I'm here to say she is one hundred million times as beautiful on the inside. She's really is an amazing person. I'm just so grateful that I was able to be part of the journey to help get her first mirrorball trophy. She deserves it. She should be in the elite category of people who've won on this show."
And Karina seems just as happy to get her first win in 10 seasons with J.R.. She says she wasn't expecting a win, but she does have a spot to showcase the trophy in her studio.
"There is another trophy there from [my] competitive era," she said, "but I'm just going to remove that one and put this one up because it's so much better."
The win hardly means that Karina is ready to give up on the show, though. Despite many pros seemingly ready to consider their next move and four new players added to the roster in season 13, Karina says she wouldn't hesitate to sign up for another round.
"If they'll have me, I'd love to be back," she said. "It's three months of hard work and emotions, but at the end of the day, you create something that you'll always go back to and remember and cherish forever."
As for remembering their time together, Karina and J.R. won't have a hard time. The two are actually neighbors, and J.R. says he's still going to hit her up for the occasional dance break.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Aaron Paul 'Can't Wait' to Have Kids with Lauren Parsekian, Hopes They're Mini Versions of His Wife!
- Milo Ventimiglia & His 'Visitors' Cast Are Excited to Start Filming!
- Andrew Garfield & Emma Stone Show Us How to Really Kiss with Passion On and Off-Screen!
- Hilary Duff Just Can't Get Enough of La Conversation!