'Dancing With the Stars' Winner: Melissa Rycroft, Tony Dovolani Crowned Top 'All-Stars'
The TV personality and her partner beat out two former champs -- Kelly Monaco and Shawn Johnson -- for the top bragging rights of the 15th season.
Dancing With the Stars has named its ultimate All-Star.
The 15th season, which brought back a whopping 13 former competitors to vie for the bragging rights of being named the winningest castmember, ended on Tuesday night with what doubled as the series' only all-female finale.
And between celebrated rule-breakers Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough, flirtatious Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy and the duo that never won, Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani, the trophy went to the first-timers.
Rycroft, a second runner-up in her season, and Dovolani, a seasoned pro who never made it all the way on the show, walked away with the blinged-out mirrorball -- thanks in large part to their top score and praised freestyle. "You’ve been my greatest pleasure to watch," judge Len Goodman told the duo. "You’ve been fantastic."
Talking to reporters after the show, Rycroft mentioned about the camaraderie of the season -- and how she never really expected to top Johnson.
"When it was our name called, I just went, 'Oh, my gosh, how did this just happen?' " she said. "The support behind us the entire season it feels good. I felt the cast was genuinely happy for us."
Dovolani seemed equally thrilled. "I’ve paid my dues, but it was worth the entire 14 seasons to get somebody like Melissa," he said. "It was worth this unbelievable moment, this incredible ride. All of the stars have to align sometimes, and tonight they all did."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack