'Conan' Tweaks Limbaugh's Bane/Bain Comparison with Trailer Recut (Video)
The late night show gives the "Dark Knight Rises" a new voice and some very Mitt Romney-esque lines.
The Rush Limbaugh-on-Bane conspiracy has reached the zenith of the news cycle: a place in a late night show host's monologue.
A day after the conservative radio host asked his listeners if they thought it was accidental that Bane, the hulking, Tom Hardy-portrayed villain in The Dark Knight Rises, had a name that was pronounced the same way as Mitt Romney's former venture capital firm, Bain, Conan O'Brien had some fun at Limbaugh's expense.
Thanks to Bane's unnatural, gas mask-assisted voice, it was quite easy for his staff to add some voiceover with tweaks such as, "The rivers will run red with blood before I release my tax returns."
Earlier in the day, Limbaugh tried to defend himself, insisting that he had never suggested a conspiracy. Which, of course, hasn't stopped anyone from partaking in the fun. Next up: a critical analysis of Batman's feelings on clean energy, Commissioner Gordon's opinion on the Supreme Court's healthcare decision and Catwoman's solution for the crisis in Syria.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10