David Friedman Joins 'Good Morning America' as Creative Exec
The former "Early Show" EP will be tasked with planning and executing "exciting new GMA events, large and small," said senior EP Tom Cibrowski.
Good Morning America has added former CBS News producer David Friedman as creative executive. The announcement came Monday from GMA senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski, who noted that Friedman will be on hand as GMA “ramp(s) up for the important fall months leading to the November sweep.”
In an email to ABC News staff, Cibrowski noted Friedman’s experience with live events, including The CW game show Oh Sit! and NBC’s live Biggest Loser broadcasts.
“David will work directly with me on planning and executing exciting new GMA events, large and small,” wrote Cibrowski. He will work with the GMA team “as we continue to try and innovate and push the envelope for even more exciting memorable GMA events. His unique eye, having produced everything from news to entertainment to major specials, will help all of us on a daily basis.”
Friedman, who created and produced Carson Daly’s late-night program, served for two years as executive producer of CBS News’ The Early Show. He left in 2011 after Jeff Fager and David Rhodes took over as chairman and president, respectively, of the news division and set about re-imagining the network’s troubled morning show.
Friedman begins his duties at GMA on July 15. His appointment comes as NBC's Today show is in the midst of an overhaul that includes a new set and graphics to be unveiled this fall.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10