David Letterman Calls Jay Leno 'Most Insecure Person' Ever (Video)
The late-night legend addresses his rival in an upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.
While famous David Letterman fans such as Howard Stern and Jimmy Kimmel publicly air their hatred for Jay Leno, the CBS late-night legend takes a softer approach in his upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.
"Jay and I were friends -- we were always friends, before all of this happened," he says, addressing the feud in a teaser from his Oprah's Next Chapter sit-down airing Jan. 6.
"I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say, and I'm happy to say, I think he's the funniest guy I've ever known," Letterman adds. "Just flat out. If you go and see him do his nightclub act -- just the funniest, the smartest, wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is maybe the most insecure person I have ever known -- I could never reconcile that."
In the episode, Letterman also addresses his struggle with depression and the 2009 scandal that revealed his Late Show affairs.
Watch his Leno remarks below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack