David Letterman Calls Jay Leno 'Most Insecure Person' Ever (Video)
The late-night legend addresses his rival in an upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.
While famous David Letterman fans such as Howard Stern and Jimmy Kimmel publicly air their hatred for Jay Leno, the CBS late-night legend takes a softer approach in his upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey.
"Jay and I were friends -- we were always friends, before all of this happened," he says, addressing the feud in a teaser from his Oprah's Next Chapter sit-down airing Jan. 6.
"I've never met anyone quite like Jay. And I will say, and I'm happy to say, I think he's the funniest guy I've ever known," Letterman adds. "Just flat out. If you go and see him do his nightclub act -- just the funniest, the smartest, wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic. Therefore, the fact that he is maybe the most insecure person I have ever known -- I could never reconcile that."
In the episode, Letterman also addresses his struggle with depression and the 2009 scandal that revealed his Late Show affairs.
Watch his Leno remarks below.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR