David Letterman's Historic Theater Vandalized by Out-of-Work Actor (Video)
James Whittemore was arrested by police after breaking the glass doors of the Ed Sullivan theater.
A struggling actor on Sunday destroyed the lobby of the Ed Sullivan Theater, where the Late Show with David Letterman tapes, according to New York Police.
James Whittemore, who had Broadway aspirations, according to the New York Post, was caught on camera kicking through the glass-panel doors and then using a velvet-rope stanchion to damage the box office.
He had reportedly been drinking several blocks away when he wandered over the studio and fell asleep on the sidewalk at 5:30 a.m. When he woke up around 7 a.m., he noticed his cell phone had been swiped and that’s when he lost his temper.
"The inside looked like it was a drunken bar brawl," a law-enforcement source told the Post.
Letterman will tape as usual Monday, CBS and Worldwide Pants said in a statement.
Whittemore has appeared in musical reviews in Atlantic City and Niagara Falls. He’s currently working as a bartender.
He was charged with burglary and criminal mischief. The Post says he laughed after his arraignment hearing, and was overheard saying: "[The media] are waiting for me. They know what I did, I'm known."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR