David Letterman's Top 10 List for the Nation's TV Critics
No. 2 on Letterman's list: "Before you critics craft your reviews and dole out your 1-to-5 stars; We here at the CBS Network, invite you to our open bars."
CBS kicked off the primetime portion of its Television Critics Association tour stop Wednesday with a Top 10 special from late night host David Letterman.
The television-themed list, sung by multi-platinum recording artist Josh Groban, drew big laughs from a roomful of reporters.
Here's is Letterman's Top 10 "Little Known Songs About Television":
10. Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
There’s a place that has not been home to a CSI
(Sung to the tune of “Somewhere”)
9. I see Keith Olbermann rant on Current TV, attacking Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity
And I think to myself...what an enormous head
(Sung to the tune of “What a Wonderful World”)
8. What is the deal with my Tivo
It recommends odd programs to see
I only watch Glee and Project Runway but Tivo says Swamp People’s right for me
(Sung to the tune of “Wind Beneath My Wings”)
7. I’ve got nine hundred channels comin’ into my TV
And I’d estimate two-thirds of them are selling costume jewelry
(Sung to the tune of “God Bless the USA”)
6. Check out Big Brother
Stay for the hour
And if you’re lucky, you might see someone shower
(Sung to the tune of “Climb Ev’ry Mountain”)
5. Whenever I watch Two and a Half Men I ask myself just what they mean
How’s the kid still a “half man”? He’s 19
(Sung to the tune of “Let It Be”)
4. “NCIS” Who the hell knows what that stands for?
(Sung to the tune of “You Raise Me Up”)
3. Why do the terrorists hate us so? The answer’s plain to see
Try to watch 30 seconds of Real Housewives of NYC
(Sung to the tune of “I’ll Be Seeing You”)
2. Before you critics craft your reviews and dole out your 1-to-5 stars
We here at the CBS Network, invite you to our open bars
(Sung to the tune of “Impossible Dream”)
1. Those Cialis and Viagra and Levitra ads you see pay for your favorite shows
All hail E.D.!
(Sung to the tune of “God Bless America”)