'Days of Our Lives' to Make TV History With Gay Male Wedding (Video)
The soap is set to air the ceremony uniting Will Horton (Guy Wilson) and Sonny Kiriakis (Freddie Smith) this week.
Days of Our Lives is making history this week.
NBC's long-running daytime drama is set to air the first wedding between two males with the marriage of Will Horton (Guy Wilson) and Sonny Kiriakis (Freddie Smith). The wedding will take place over the course of three consecutive episodes.
Watch a preview below.
Days began the storyline back in 2011 when Smith (90210) joined the show.
However, this isn't the first same-sex wedding to air on a soap. ABC's All My Children was the first to air one back in 2009, with the nuptials of Bianca Montgomery (Eden Riegel) and Reese Williams (Tamara Braun).
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)