Daytime Emmy Awards: 'Cash Cab' Host in Bathroom When Name Called
“I couldn't get a cab," Ben Bailey jokes.
Cash Cab host Ben Bailey was late picking up his outstanding game show host award at Sunday’s show because he was in the bathroom when his name was called.
"I couldn't get a cab!" he joked at first. Then he admitted, "I was backstage urinating, and I heard my name."
Emmy host Wayne Brady, who was nominated in the same category for Let's Make a Deal, Tweeted right after: "Lol! I'm going to start doing Let's Make A Deal from the back of a cab! I lost! congrats to @Benbailey from Cash Cab!"
Bailey isn't the first award winner to rush up to stage from the bathroom. Christine Lahti was in the restroom when she won the best actress award in 1998 for Chicago Hope.
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)