'Deadliest Catch' Captains on Season Nine: 'More Mayhem and Destruction' (Video)
Johnathan Hillstrand and Scott "Jr." Campbell talk to THR about the new theme of pitting the veteran captains against the young deckhands and skippers.
Deadliest Catch's ninth season will be "hair-raising," Time Bandit Captain Johnathan Hillstrand promises.
"The weather is just as bad as last year, but there's hardly any crab," he tells The Hollywood Reporter of the Discovery Channel show's ninth season, which premieres at 9 p.m. Tuesday.
"We're out there a lot longer, it tests crews, there are fights on the boats," Hillstrand adds, noting that the entire cast is back from last season. "Every boat has a mental breakdown. … It's just going to be more mayhem and destruction."
Quips Seabrooke Captain Scott "Jr." Campbell: "More of our misery for more of [the viewers'] enjoyment."
Meanwhile, this season also pits the veteran captains against the young deckhands and skippers. Of the new twist, Campbell notes: "It's going to be interesting this season because from my way of fishing that I've always been accustomed to as a captain, I had to totally change and adapt … because my style wasn't working."
He adds that he has a new crew member that "will blow you away, that you never thought would be on the boat with me," while Hillstrand reveals that viewers will see his brother Andy continue to be stressed out aboard the Time Bandit.
Meanwhile, Discovery also has set a series of one-hour "pregame" shows titled The Bait, which will give an inside look at the episode ahead from the captains, who will talk about fishing, drama and what to expect on that night's episode of Deadliest Catch. The Bait will debut at 8 p.m. April 16.
Of the new show, Hillstrand says: "It's a show hosted by us, about us." He notes that they will put various crewmembers in the "hot seat" where they will grill them on why they did something a certain way.
Jokes Campbell: "You don't want to be in the hot seat: 'Why did you do that? What's wrong with you?'"
After the Deadliest Catch premiere, Discovery is airing a special on the Time Bandit called Deadliest Catch: Legend of the Time Bandit, at midnight.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)