TV Ratings: NBC News Leads Broadcast Net Debate Coverage, 'Neighbors' Drops in New Slot
With most networks affected by coverage of the Obama-Romney face-off, CBS and Fox share the night's demo win.
Wednesday's fast affiliate ratings are subject to change and significant time zone adjustments, thanks to cover of last night's presidential debate across three networks, but early returns have CBS and Fox sharing the demo.
Fox started the night with a boosted X Factor, up a tenth of a point for a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49, while its coverage of the debate brought in a 2.8 rating in the demo and 1.8 adults rating for analysis. Also pulling a 2.8 adults rating for the night, Fox averaged 7.4 million viewers.
CBS also pulled a 2.8 adults rating (and 9.7 million viewers) with a new episode of Survivor (down six percent to a 2.9 adults rating), the debate (3.0 adults rating) and debate analysis (2.0 adults rating).
After slightly boosted episodes of Animal Practice (1.5 adults rating) and Guys With Kids (1.8 adults rating), NBC News' coverage of the debate earned a 3.4 rating among adults 18-49. Post-debate analysis pulled a 2.5 rating in the demo, giving the network an average 2.8 adults rating and 8.0 million viewers.
ABC had a new Middle, which dropped 24 percent from last week's premiere to a 2.2 adults rating, before The Neighbors, debuting in its official time slot, dropped 38 percent without a Modern Family lead. It pulled a 2.0 adults rating. ABC News' debate coverage brought in a 3.0 adults rating for the actual debate and a 2.2 in the demo for analysis. The network averaged a 2.6 rating and 8.7 million viewers.
Supernatural, debuting in its new time slot on The CW, pulled in a 0.8 rating with adults 18-49 -- even with last year's premiere score despite debate competition.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack