Demi Lovato to Perform Bilingual Version of 'Skyscraper' on ALMA Awards
Two more performers are yet to be announced.
The 2011 NCLR ALMA Awards announced Wednesday that pop star and actress Demi Lovato will perform a bilingual version of her newest single, "Skyscraper," on the awards show airing live Sept. 16 from 8 to 9 p.m. ET on NBC. Two more performers have yet to be named by the event’s producers.
“We have Demi Lovato peforming her hit single, 'Skyscraper,' in English and Spanish,” one of the event’s producers and co-host, Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria, tells reporters on a press call.
“[It] is so exciting,” she continues. “Because it was number one on iTunes, she is one of our own, and she came up with the idea of singing partly in Spanish.”
Lovato is also nominated for Favorite TV Actress -- Leading Role in a Comedy at this year’s event. The event’s presenters include Jessica Alba, Benjamin Bratt, Eva La Rue, Mario Lopez, and Naya Rivera.
“We just have really great participation this year,” Longoria says.
George Lopez will co-host with Longoria on the awards show, which honors the work of Latinos in entertainment.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR