Chelsea Handler Suggests Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher Had Many 'Open Marriage-Type Situations' (Video)
In an appearance on "Piers Morgan Tonight," the comedian and E! late night talk show host sounded off on the couple's six-year marriage.
Hours before comedian and late-night talk show host Chelsea Handler was set to appear on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, news broke about Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher's split -- and Handler didn't hold back.
"Well, I think it's pretty obvious to everybody," Handler said after Morgan alluded to the fact that the the breakup was due to "Ashton's bad behavior." "Again, I don't know them personally very well, but I think it's pretty obvious that they probably had a lot of open marriage-type situations."
"You think so?," Morgan asked.
"Well, yeah. I think they probably had a lot of good times with some other women," she said. Morgan seemed slightly shocked at her claim, asking again, "Really?" "Yea of course. I mean, read between the lines," Handler responded.
She continued: "They probably had a lot of threesomes that led to twosomes without Demi and that leads to a divorce."
Morgan then showed a clip from when Kutcher and Moore appeared on his show just five to six months ago.
"I think you have to make your relationship a priority," Moore said at the time, "and that's a difficult balance when you have work and the combination of career and family. A big part of it is we spend very little time apart. That's one of the key things."
Kutcher then chimed in: "I'd also say working on the relationship when the relationship's good. I think most people set getting married as the goal as opposed to being married."
Morgan noted that he thought they seemed "very much in love" at the time.
"I absolutely feel for her," Handler, who recently inked a new two-year deal with E! to remain on Chelsea Lately, said of Moore. "I think a lot of people make big mistake a lot of times in marriage in thinking that there are -- I'm a big proponent of valor and honor and valuing what you have in a relationship or someone else and being true to that and to yourself at the same time."
When Morgan asked about infidelity, Handler said adamantly that she "would not tolerate that." "I'm not interested in that," she said. "Strength is exciting to me, someone who can be powerful and overcome little weaknesses."
Handler, who has never been married, has dated 50 Cent, Ted Harbert and Dave Salmoni.
Watch the interview below:
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
What's Hot in TV
Follow the Feed
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10