'Descendants' Oscar Winner to Star in Fox Comedy Pilot
Nat Faxon will star in the title role in "Ned Fox is My Manny."
Nat Faxon is having a stellar week.
The Descendants scribe, who on Sunday won an Academy Award for his adapted screenplay, has been tapped to star in the Fox comedy pilot Ned Fox is My Manny, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The project revolves around Abby Elliott's Kate, a single mother who gets an assist from her brother who moves in with her to help her raise her baby in the project previously known as Ben Fox is My Manny.
Faxon will play Kate's brother, Ned Fox, a character based on writer Dana Fox's brother, Ben Fox.
In addition to adapting the George Clooney starrer Descendants, Faxon's credits include voice roles on Allen Gregory, The Cleveland Show as well as episodes of Happy Endings, Party Down and Happy Hour.
He joins a cast that also includes Lucy Punch, Maggie Jones and Echo Kellum. The single-camera project hails from Chernin Entertainment and 20th Television.
Faxon is repped by Innovative Artists, Principato-Young and Stone Meyer.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR