'Desperate Housewives': Gaby's New Boss Is 'Everybody Loves Raymond' Star Doris Roberts
The Emmy-winning actress will appear on an episode airing in late-April.
Everybody Loves Raymond star Doris Roberts is dropping into Fairview.
An ABC spokesperson confirms to the The Hollywood Reporter that the Emmy-winning actress will guest star as a wealthy woman who hires Gaby (Eva Longoria) as her personal shopper.
Things get a bit complicated, though, when Carlos (Ricardo Chavira) wants Roberts’ character to donate money to his new charitable organization. Needless to say, the couple gets into a tug of war for the woman’s attention. Roberts will appear in Episode 820, “Lost My Power.”
Longoria broke the news herself when she shared a photo on WhoSay.com earlier this week and wrote, “Working with the amazing Doris Roberts today!”
Roberts played Raymond’s (Ray Romano) mother, Marie, on Everybody Loves Raymond. She recently signed on to the ABC pilot, Counter Culture. She has appeared on The Middle, Grey’s Anatomy and Hot in Cleveland in recent years. She has also starred in numerous Broadway shows.
She is repped by WME and Del Shaw.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
- Exclusive Portraits of Robert Griffin III, Ronda Rousey, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Photos)
- MOBA: Inside the Biggest Sporting Event You've Never Heard Of (Photos)
- 'Girls,' Tatiana Maslany and 18 More of the Biggest Emmy Snubs (Photos)
- Emmy Awards 2014: The Nominees (Photos)
- Hollywood's Notable Deaths of 2014 (Photos)